NEW POLL SHOWS JOSH LOWENTHAL WINNING DECISIVELY IN AD72
Polling puts Lowenthal ahead at all points – with a significant lead against an opponent suffering significant damage from primary
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 27, 2018
Contact: Mike Shimpock
SEAL BEACH, Calif. — New polling from Goodwin Simon Research shows Josh Lowenthal leading in the 72nd Assembly district.
Fundamentally, the poll shows that Republican Tyler Diep is an exceptionally weak candidate for Assembly. In the heart of Orange County, and despite an edge in partisan registration, Diep trails Democrat Josh Lowenthal by 4 points, 47% to 43%., with that lead doubling to 8% when given positive information.
- Lowenthal starts with a 4% point lead, 47% to 43% based on ballot designation alone
- That lead doubles to 51% to 43% with short, positive paragraphs
- After more information, Lowenthal leads by 17%
Furthermore, the poll shows:
- Lowenthal starts with a lead among likely voters and expands it considerably when voters are given more information
- Independents, which make up nearly a quarter of the electorate, break decisively for Lowenthal
- Trump and his policies are a drag on the Republican candidate
- Diep was badly damaged in his primary and has nearly fatal negatives going into the general
Images summarizing the results are below: